Book Review: SCION OF IKSHVAKU







Hey guys hope you all are good so the book name is “Scion of Ikshvaku” by “Amish Tripathi”. First Indian writer novel I ever read and I’m happy that I start with this one. “Amish Tripathi” is a Indian writer who get fame by his Shiva trilogy:- The Immortals of Meluha, The Secret of the Nagas, The Oath of the Vayuputras novels. I came to know about him through my sister who actually bought this, yeah you will say that I never bought book myself 😋.

Scion of Ikshvaku is based on the most popular character in India “Lord Ram”. We all have heard or read or seen some variation of Ramayana but this one is something different and have a special charm. Once you start reading it you will came to know. This book is for those people who do not whole-heartily believe in the Ramayana. Everything is clearly explained with fact which supports the events.  No Magic and supernatural events. Everything is science even the weapon they using in ancient time explain chemically. Today’s youth can clearly connect himself with this version of Ramayana. This is the first book in the Ram Chandra Series, Second book is already in market named “Sita- Warrior of Mithila”.
This book is mainly on lord Ram and story is developed keeping him in focus. Amish try to relate the story with modern world you will get it when you read the book.

Few quotes from the book which i really like are:-

“When the axe entered the forest, the trees said to each other: do not worry, the handle in that axe is one of us."

"But the strange thing about anger is that it is like fire; the more you feed it, the more it grows. It takes a lot of wisdom to know when to let anger go."

"I want a woman who is better than I am; a woman who will compel me to bow my head in admiration.”

If I’m successful, people will call me brave. If I fail, I will be called foolish. Let me do what I think is right. I’ll leave the verdict to the future

So overall it’s a story about which we all know but in a way where you can easily digest the events. Amish have a charm in his writing and if you want a different and realistic version of “Ramayana” you can go for this one. It might be possible that few of you will not like it depending upon your nature. Enjoy and i will be back with the second book shortly.

 “Jai Shree Ram”

Aman Tanwar
Instagram: - amantanvar28
Email: aman.tomar95@gmail.com

Comments